Ms. Gillis is admitted to practice law in Israel, the UK, and Australia and has over two decades of experience in intellectual property law. She represents governments, public entities, international corporations, leading Israeli companies and start-ups in all fields of intellectual property.
Ms. Gillis is an expert in the areas of creation, protection, exploitation and enforcement of intellectual property and related rights. Recognized for her specialist knowledge of Internet law, her written opinions and counsel are sought on a wide variety of Internet related matters by the firm’s local and foreign clients.
Clients whom Ms. Gillis has represented and advised in intellectual property disputes and litigation involving patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, competition and defamation laws include the BBC, Village Roadshow, Government of Victoria (Australia), BAE software defendants, Talit Communications, Seiko, Covidien, Finjan, Apple Corp, Albemarle, Baby TV, and others.
• Israel Bar Association, 1996;
• England (Supreme Court of England and Wales), 1992;
• Australia (High Court), 1989; (Supreme Court of Victoria), 1989
English and Hebrew.
• University of Melbourne, B.A. (Hons.) Phil. Physics, 1988;
• University of Melbourne, L.L.B., 1988.
• Partner, Eitan, Mehulal & Sadot, 2011-present;
• Partner, Eitan-Mehulal Law Group, 1996-2011;
• Internship for Israeli Bar, Hanan Melcer & Partners, Israel, 1995-1996;
• Senior Legal Advisor, Department of Premier and Cabinet (Vic), Australia, 1992-1994;
• Senior Legal Advisor, British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), England, 1990–1992;
• Associate, Roth Warren Solicitors, Australia, 1989-1990.
• Red Book on Famous Marks (1988);
• Chapters on Israeli law in textbook “Internet Law and Regulation”, Sweet & Maxwell (2nd - 4th editions, 1998-2008).
|Ms. Gillis has served as a member of the Justice Department’s working committees for the revision of Israel’s Copyright and Trademarks Laws, and is a member of AIPPI.|